Monday, July 22, 2013

I Thank God for Awolowo of Nigeria

 Chief Ọbáfẹ́mi Awólọ́wọ̀ was the first Leader of Government Business and Minister of Local Government and Finance and first Premier of the Western Region under Nigeria's parliamentary system, from 1952 to 1959.


The legacies of the great Sage Chief Ọbáfẹ́mi Awólọ́wọ̀ (March 6, 1909 – May 9, 1987) are enough to make him the most accomplished Nigerian so far for if every premier in the first republic had done what Awolowo did for his own people, Nigeria will not be in this mess today caused by the failures of the Igbo leaders and Hausa leaders.


The best universities and colleges are in the west and they are the legacies of Awolowo.
 The best banks are in the west and enjoying the legacies of the greatest Nigerian political leader who did his best for his people and other Nigerians, but was betrayed and cheated from becoming the President of Nigeria that even the great Lion of Biafra Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu said Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had. And this is true.


The tragedy of our youths today is their intellectual ignorance? I was not even 21 when I read all the books of Awolowo and what did I gain?
I achieved what no youth of my age achieved as at 20, when I was able to afford to sponsor the participation of Nigeria in two international book fairs in Japan, at 21 I was a project artist for the famous Johns Hopkins University for the Population Communication Services in Nigeria and over 1 million copies of the Family Planning booklets I produced in Pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa were distributed all over Nigeria, at 24 I became an Art/Features Editor for the national Kiddies World magazine and at 25 I became a program consultant for UNICEF. And today, I am the publisher of the most circulated Nigerian publication on Nollywood, my NOLLYWOOD MIRROR(R) and other landmark achievements. Thanks to the good education from the solid foundation of Awolowo in Western Nigeria.
 But how many of our youths today have even bothered to read his books?


Why are Igbos and Hausas flocking to Western Nigeria?
 Because this is the America of Nigeria.
Lagos alone is richer than all the Eastern and Southern states combined.
Lagos does not need palm oil, crude oil or cassava to survive.
Awolowo to the glory and glory of God alone remains the most accomplished Nigerian ever.  


~ By Orikinla Osinachi 

 

 

  submit to reddit 

 

No comments: