Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Malala Yousafzai in Nigeria To Help Free Kidnapped Chibok School Girls


Malala Yousafzai meets President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja on Monday July 14, 2014.

Girl child education heroine Malala Yousafzai, the brave Pakistani girl who survived after she was shot in the head by the Taliban Islamic terrorists in 2009 for championing the right of girls to education met with President Goodluck Jonathan of Nigeria in Abuja on Monday to support efforts to free the over 200 Chibok schoolgirls who are still hostages of Islamist Boko Haram terrorists in northeastern Nigeria since April 14, 2014.

“I am here in Nigeria on my 17th birthday for a price which is to see that every child goes to school,” Malala told news reporters and others at the meeting..

Malala celebrated her 17th birthday same day with some of the Chibok school girls who claimed to have escaped from the Boko Haram. She blew out the candles of her birthday cake as the girls stood with her.

"I can see those girls as my sisters… and I'm going to speak up for them until they are released," Malala reiterated during a Sunday meeting with some of the parents of the abducted children in Abuja.


"I'm going to participate actively in the Bring Back Our Girls campaign to make sure that they return safely." “This year, my objective is to speak up for my Nigerian sisters. About 200 of them who are under the abduction of Boko Haram and I met President Goodluck Jonathan for this purpose.
“I convey the voice of my sisters who are out of school or who are still under the abduction of Boko Haram. And for those girls who escaped from the abduction but still do not have education.
“And in the meeting, I highlighted the same issues which the girls and their parents told me in the past two days.
“The parents said they really want to meet with the President to share their stories with him. And I asked the President if he wants to meet with the parents of the girls. He assured me that he would meet with them.”


submit to reddit

No comments: