Friday, February 27, 2015

Determination Builds A Nation

 General Muhammad Buhari, the presidential flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nigeria, who has remained determined and focused to contest the 2015 presidential election at 72.

Determination

"It is God himself, in his mercy, who has given us this wonderful work [of telling his good news to others], and so we never give up."1
When the United Kingdom's back was against the wall during World War II, Winston Churchill declared: "We shall go to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God's good time, the New World, with all its power and might steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old."
 ~  http://www.actsweb.org/daily.php

Never Too Old

Never Too Old ... Part I


"So here I am today, eighty-five years old! I am still as strong today as the day Moses sent me out; I'm just as vigorous to go out to battle now as I was then. Now give me this hill country that the Lord promised me that day. You yourself heard then that the Anakites were there and their cities were large and fortified, but, the Lord helping me, I will drive them out just as he said."1

When the Israelites were conquering the Promised Land that God had given to them, Caleb said to Joshua, "Give me this hill country to conquer!" Caleb was eighty-five years of age at the time. (Admittedly, they lived a lot longer back then.)

If God had given the Israelites the Promised Land, how come they had to fight for it? Because God's giving it to them made it possible for them to conquer it. Had God handed it to them on a silver platter, they never would have learned to trust him nor become responsible and mature individuals.

Caleb achieved his goal because he knew precisely what God's purpose was for both Israel and himself, and he didn't allow his age to hold him back.

If we, too, want to achieve something worthwhile with our life, regardless of our age, it is imperative that we, too, know what our God-given life purpose is—and act accordingly.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, I'm willing and wanting to be used by You. Help me to fulfill my God-given life purpose. Please make it plain what You want me to be and do. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus's name, amen."

1. Joshua 14:10-12 (NIV).

<:))))><









http://www.actsweb.org/daily.php?id=1363



  submit to reddit

No comments: