Monday, February 16, 2015

I Thank Former President Obasanjo ~ Ambassador and High Chief Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi


I thank former President Obasanjo for finding me suitable to take up the sensitive post of Minister of Defence at a young age.  I learnt a lot from him, being one of the founders of modern “digital” Nigeria.  Unfortunately, the matters I discussed with President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua did not materialise for reasons I will not dwell on here.  As a PDP member and a Nigerian, I remain committed to serve my country in the future.

Yes, the 2007 elections were flawed but democracy was maintained.  Well, that is a story for another day.
~  http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/aguiyi-ironsi-nigeria-not-a-failed-state/188991/

Ambassador and High Chief Thomas "Tom" Aguiyi-Ironsi is a former Minister of Defence of Nigeria and the first one from the south east. He is the son of former military leader, the late  Major General Johnson Aguiyi-Ironsi, and was the ambassador to Togo before former President Olusegun Obasanjo appointed him to succeed Roland Oritsejafor as Defence Minister, Aguiyi-Ironsi is from Ibeku in Umuahia, Abia State.

The diplomat served as first secretary in Geneva, Switzerland, between July 1979 and September 1982, and in Niamey, Niger Republic, from September 1982 to September 1984.  Aguiyi-Ironsi is still a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

submit to reddit

No comments: