Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Uncle Jimi Solanke!

"Take me away from performance and in a week I'll be sick -- and I've never been sick because I've been performing all the time.

I feel I am doing what God has asked me in life -- am I doing it well, I want to do it better still, I'm trying. I feel fulfilled when it comes to performing in front of audiences.

 ~ Jimi Solanke. 

Uncle Jimi Solanke is 71 today and Nigerians Report Online is thanking our Almighty God JEHIVAH for his beautiful and wonderful life as celebrated on stage, press, TV, film and radio over the decades and his interview on CNN's African Voices is worth seeing again and again.

It was a great honour that he came with my mentor Dame Taiwo Ajai-Lycett to celebrate with us at the maiden launching of our Screen Naija One Village, One Cinema Project, that will be the biggest and largest cinema venture in Africa before 2016.

We wish uncle Jimi Solanke many more happier returns of the day and may God grant him more grace to continue to shine wherever he goes as a blessing to us.


 Faithfully,
 Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Publisher/Editor, Nigerians Report Online
Founder, Eko International Film Festival
Founder/CEO, Screen Outdoor Open Air Cinema  
A member of the Projection Foundation



  submit to reddit 

 

No comments: