Thursday, July 16, 2020

#ThrowbackThursday - From "Lagos in Motion" Documentary Film Location



#throwbackthursday

Alpha Man with my Production Manager, Felix Omokagbo Jegede at the Genesis Deluxe Cinemas location in the Palms Shopping Mall in Lekki during the first phase of the principal photography of "Lagos in Motion: Sights and Sounds of Africa's Largest Megacity" in February, 2016.
My cast and crew had a great time of unforgettable moments of cinematic experience.

From producing and directing drama on stage to TV/film production, I have never failed to appreciate and celebrate my cast and crew without cheating and without failing to pay them accordingly. I paid Segun Adefila and his outstanding Crown Troupe of Africa the same day of the world première of my "Sleepless Nigeria" drama in 2002 at the Maison de France of the French Cultural Centre in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Forget that I am humble, I am better than 90 percent of the producers and directors in #Nollywood and #Kannywood of the Nigerian film industry.

I have been active in TV production for the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Channels from the age of 17 and at 18  I was the youngest professional TV scriptwriter in Nigeria and the rest of Africa and 19 of the 23 scripts I wrote were produced and broadcasted on NTA Channel 10. My weekly income was the monthly salary of majority of low income workers. I was earning N400 monthly in the 1980s when US$1 was ₦1! And I was 18.. Nobody has broken that record in the NTA till date.

I was 25 as national Program Consultant for Child Survival and Development in UNICEF Nigeria when our Communication Department produced a full length documentary film directed by Onyeka Onwenu , the famous Nigerian singer/songwriter, actress, human rights activist, social activist, journalist, politician, and former X Factor series judge. Onwenu wrote and presented the internationally acclaimed BBC/NTA documentary film, "A Squandering of Riches" in 1984 which became the definitive film about corruption in Nigeria as well as the intractable Niger Delta agitation for resource control and campaign against environmental degradation in the oil rich region of Nigeria. So, I have more than enough professional experience in documentary film production to even curate any TV/Film Festival.


No comments: