Saturday, September 22, 2018

The Untold Stories of the Hausa Igbos and Igbo Hausas



It is @Orikinla Again!
The Scarlet Pimpernel of Nigeria.
Acting as an Hausa gentle Mallam wearing the Hausa cap I bought in Abuja. It is better than the ones I wanted to buy in Lagos months ago.


I look tall and fair like Fulani men.
And believe it or not I am the only person who actually produced the fully illustrated historical story on Bàyā̀jiddà, the dragon slayer of Daura who married Queen
Magajiya Daurama, the Last Kabara of Daura. He was the founder of the Hausa Empire states in the 9th century.
If I cross over from #Nollywood  to #Kannywood , @realalinuhu  go lose his title o. All the Arewa babes dem go dey rush me o with my NBA athletic basketballer's height and romantic sense of humour.


Well, have you heard the untold stories of the Hausa Igbos and Igbo Hausas?
Hausas  born and bred in the eastern region and who became totally assimilated into Igbo culture and indigenous Igbo society and they speak the Igbo language more fluently than many Igbos I know in Lagos. Then there are thousands of Igbos born and bred in northern Nigeria who have become Hausas in characteristics that they cannot be differentiated from the indigenous Hausas and Fulanis. One of the Hausa Igbos is the retired Nigerian Arny general,  Senator Ike Omar Sanda Nwachukwu, mni; former Minister of Foreign Affairs; who was born on September 1, 1941 to an Igbo father and a Fulani mother of Katsina state.
Do you know that there are more Hausa and Fulani women married to Igbo men than Igbo women married to Hausa and Fulani men. Lantana would have become Mrs. Lantana Michael Chima years ago if I wanted to marry her. But I shied away from her.


~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, author of The Victory of Muhammadu Buhari and the Nigerian Dream: My Testimony on the 2015 Presidential Election and other books. https://www.amazon.com/author/ekenyerengozimichaelchima.



No comments: