Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Stars Pay Tribute To Michael Duncan

Michael Clarke Duncan (December 10, 1957 – September 3, 2012)



I’ve seen Michael Duncan in some movies, but the most memorable was his unforgettable role as John Coffey in Frank Darabont’s The Green Mile, for which he got nominations for the Oscar and Golden Globe. The 1999 American drama was an adaptation of the 1996 Stephen King’s novel.

Tom Hanks and Gary Sinise who were co-stars with Duncan in The Green Mile are among those shocked by the Monday news of his death. Duncan was still recovering from the cardiac arrest he suffered at his Los Angeles home in July before he died Monday morning.

His co-stars and other stars including Mia Farrow, Russell Simmons, Bobby Brown, Gabrielle Union, Timbaland, Ricki Lake and Katharine McPhee have been pouring tributes to Duncan, who was one of the most loved American actors in Hollywood.

“I am terribly saddened at the loss of Big Mike. He was the treasure we all discovered on the set of ‘The Green Mile.’ He was magic. He was a big love of man and his passing leaves us stunned.”
~ Tom Hanks

“Had the pleasure of working on 2 things with Michael Clark Duncan. The Green Mile, & as guest star on ‘CSI: NY.’ A real gentleman. R.I P my friend.”
~ Gary Sinise

“Michael Clarke Duncan always had a smile on his face & a big bear hug ready for you. My thoughts & prayers are with his family & friends.”
~ Olivia Munn

“We shared sum (some) great times! C (see) u (you) on the other side friend.”
~ Comedienne Niecy Nash

“R.I.P. my friend MCD. I will miss you.”
~ David Boreanaz

‏“Devastated … RIP Michael Clarke Duncan. Heaven has an amazing new angel. I will miss your smile most.”
~ Holly Robinson Peete

“My prayers are with the family and to the loved ones of Michael Duncan Clark. What a kind sweet & loving guy you were! May you R.I.P.”
~ La Toya Jackson

“RIP Michael Clarke Duncan. Thank you for being so kind to me & for sharing your talent with the world. You will be truly missed.”
~ Jordin Sparks

“Michael Clarke Duncan I’ll never forget you. Such an awesome man taken way too soon. Rest in peace my friend.”
~ Donald Faison

“Can’t believe it MCD! What a good man! Always a laugh! He will be greatly missed.”
~ Christian Slater

“He was one of the finest people I’ve ever had the privilege to work with or know. Michael was the gentlest of souls – an exemplar of decency, integrity and kindness. The sadness I feel is inexpressible. Our experience making ‘The Green Mile’ together was immersive and incredible, an once-in-a-lifetime journey. What sticks most in my mind was his devotion to his craft and the strides he made as an artist during that time, which was beyond inspiring to those of us who took the journey with him. Never has an actor more richly deserved the recognition of an Academy Award nomination than Michael did for his performance as John Coffey. Michael has left us far, far too soon. We lost a great man and a great spirit today. My thoughts and condolences go out to his fiancée, Omarosa, and to his family.”
`~ Frank Darabont, director of The Green Mile.







No comments: