Thursday, September 17, 2020

COVID-19 Could Not Stop The New Unicorns!



In January, I said 2020 will be the Year of the Unicorns before the @who declared the COVID-19 pandemic and many businesses were shutdown in the #lockdown and several ventures have been suspended until further notice. But the COVID-19 pandemic did not stop the good news of new Unicorn Startups which I have been sharing on my @247nigeria on Twitter. Over 90 percent of the new Unicorns are in the United States of America. They are exciting and inspiring! But African Americans and Hispanics are still lagging behind. 
My two tech projects have the projections of becoming Unicorns.. There are high expectations for them, but in the highly competitive tech industry, Seeing is Believing. 
Don't just TALK, let us see the WORK. 
It is always best not to mention the specifics of your tech projects that are still in incubation period until you are ready to launch them. It is great to believe in your dreams. And your dreams will be greater when you have others who believe in them with you. 

I am the only black in my team and I thank Almighty God, my team believes in my visionary leadership since 2014 to now. They are even more anxious than me. But I tell them; Yes, it is good to strike when the iron is hot. But it would be best to strike at the right time. 

"If I determine the enemy’s disposition of forces while I have no perceptible form, I can concentrate my forces while the enemy is fragmented. The pinnacle of military deployment approaches the formless: if it is formless, then even the deepest spy cannot discern it nor the wise make plans against it." 
—Sun Tzu, “The Art of War”.

PS: A unicorn is a term in business world to indicate a privately held startup company valued at over $1 billion.


No comments: