Sunday, February 10, 2013

Up Nigeria! African Nations Cup Champions!


Nigeria ended a 19-year wait to regain the African Nations Cup after a stunning goal from winger Sunday Mba gave them a deserved 1-0 win over Burkina Faso in the final at Soccer City on Sunday.


“Winning this tournament is for my nation. When I came on board over a year and a half ago, I wanted to make Nigerians happy.
“I hope more African coaches will be given more responsibility to lead their countries. There is a lot of potential in this team but we need to be patient. I'm so, so proud of what we have achieved in this team.
“I'm an optimist, I never think negative. We came here to win the captain - I told my captain that we coming here to win this trophy and he didn't believe me. Today we have won."

~ Stephen Keshi, Nigeria coach


“I would like to thank the All Mighty God, this is a dream come true. I have been in six Africa Cup of Nations and this is my last tournament. I’m obviously very happy and proud to be in this team.”

~ Joseph Yobo, Nigeria captain
Click here for more reports!.



TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY FOR OUR VICTORY!







submit to reddit


No comments: